Earth Hour is asking its supporters to go beyond the hour by making changes to their daily life that will positively impact the planet.
The global launch of the Earth Hour 2011 campaign took place on March 2nd in Singapore. This landmark event will unveiled the first in a series of environmental actions that will continue to roll out throughout the year. Earth Hour supporters around the world, from teenagers in Swaziland, to governments and corporations across the planet will be adding their voice.
There are a number of actions that you and your organisation can do to go beyond turning off your lights at 8.30pm on Saturday 26th March 2011. Here are five simple steps to help you on your way:
1. Get your neighbours involved.
2. Take it beyond the hour and tell us about the action your organisationis taking this year for Earth Hour. Then share your action with your social media audiences.
3. Encourage your colleagues to take actions, big or small, everyday, they’ll quickly add up to one huge action that everyone can be proud of.
4. Add the Beyond the Hour widget or banner to your website and help us collect more actions for the planet.
5. Demonstrate the Earth Hour vision of real solutions for sustainable living at every level, every hour.
© 2011, Richard Matthews. All rights reserved.
Canadian Participation in Earth Hour Sets Records
Canadian Businesses Supporting Earth Hour
Earth Hour for Business
Climate Care Day: An Environmental Event for Business
The Business of Earth Hour and the Power of Social Media
10 Best Earth Hour Online Resources and Links
Earth Hour 2011 Official Video
Video: Earth Hour 2011
Live Video of Earth Hour as it Ripples Around the World Support Earth Hour (2010)
China Participates in Earth Hour (2010)
Earth Hour Makes History (2009)
The Growth of Social Media as an Increasingly Important Vehicle for the Environment
The Revolutionary Power of Social Media Driving Corporate Environmental Sustainability
Social Media Marketing and Environmental Sustainability