On June 29th – 30th 2011, eyeforenergy is holding its second annual Enhnaced Georthermal Systems (EGS) Conference in San Jose, California. Geothermal is a promising renewable resource that has a very bright future.
Geothermal energy is a safe and reliable renewable power source that can produce energy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The aadvantages of geothermal power include the fact that it produces little or no greenhouse gases. Geothermal energy will also create high-paying, long-term jobs. In 2008, the geothermal industry accounted for 25,000 jobs.
EGS offers the ability to improve existing geothermal wells to increase productivity. EGS also offers increased energy production by producing geothermal energy in new environments and at various depths.
However, geothermal energy is costly, technically challenging and socially sensitive. So far EGS has relied on government funding worldwide.
EGS claims a big slice of the $600 million of the federal stimulus for geothermal development over the next two years.
According to the organizers of the EGS event, now is the time to analyze and discuss whether geothermal energy will move away from this reliance and will eventually attract private investment. With the likes of Google.org already heavily encouraging EGS it certainly looks promising.
There are huge opportunities for geothermal contractors wanting to establish themselves in this rapidly growing industry.
The EGS Conference is subtitled “Push your EGS project forward by developing an effective Financial, technological and socio-economic strategy.”
At the 2nd Annual Enhanced Geothermal Systems Conference attendees will receive:
- Unique global updates: Learn from the successes and challenges of our global experts to increase the realization of your EGS project
- Latest financial analysis: Listen to the top financiers in the industry to deliver the most powerful business case to secure future investment for your project
- Support from your community: Hear from the key stakeholders to understand how and why you should plan an effective socio-economic strategy
- Maximise profits: Understand the benefits of developing an EGS as an upgrade to your existing plant to effectively utilise all your resources and increase productivity
- Technology breakthrough: Get the latest technology advances for reducing fracturing, exploration and drilling risks to save costs throughout your project
This is a must-attend event for all future and current developers who want to make their EGS projects commercially viable in the future and all contractors who want to establish their EGS position early to give their business first mover advantage when the market explode.
Attendees of the EGS event will benefit from the following:
- The latest case studies worldwide from AltaRock, GreenFire Energy, EGS Energy, GNS
- Science to learn from their challenges and successes to remain at the forefront of the industry.
- A discussion on the discuss future government and private initiatives from BLM, Google and GeothermEx Inc.
- Speak to conventional geothermal utilities including Magma Energy and Southern company
- Meet the key regulators and utilities and hand pick the latest technology from our pool of contractors including URS, Potter Drilling and ThermaSource to drive costs down for your project.
- By all accounts, last years EGS Conference was a success, here are some of the things that people had to say about the event:
“Last year’s EGS Conference and Expo provided an excellent basis for understanding the regulatory snares facing EGS development,” said Mark Walters, Senior Geologist, Calpine Corporatio
“That conference was one of the best I have attended in many years all the presentations were spot on and clear,” Michal Moor, Senior Fellow, ISEEE
Some of the companies that attended last years event included:
Click here to download two of the keynote presentations from last year (Susan Petty, President, AltaRock and Michael Moore, Senior Fellow, ISEEE).These presentations will provide you with unique insight into the development of EGS in the US and the potential it has for future energy production.
© 2011, Richard Matthews. All rights reserved.
US DOE Investing in Geothermal Research and …
Government Incentives are Growing Renewable Energy
Green Stimulus: Global Green New Deal
US Government Incentives: Red, White, Blue & Green
Obama’s ‘Renewable Energy Revolution’
Green School Rejuvenates Dying Town
Geothermal Stock Review and Future Prospects
Geothermal Stock Review
Review of The Green Market’s Sustainable Stock
International Investing in Alternative Energy
Investing in CleanTech: Efficiency Upgrades and …
Sustainable Stock Offers More than Extraordinary Returns
Portfolio 21’s Top 10 Green Investments for 2011