This four hour workshop is designed to help green teams audit their energy, waste, water, transportation and health. The goal is to understand their “gap” and develop a plan to “green up” their facility.
Course content includes a discussion of best practices for employee engagement for sustainability. The course includes a Green Action Plan. Learn about technologies that can save your company money while reducing your environmental footprint.
Greening your office is a triple bottom line initiative – it saves money, creates a healthier and more productive work environment and is good for the planet. Even better, the financial payback can be significant. Studies show that a Green Team can reduce operating costs of an average office building with 50,000 square feet of office space, by as much as $ 40,000 per year through no-cost and low-cost energy, waste and water reduction actions.
Learning Objectives and Modules
Using examples, case studies, best practices, hands-on activities and participation through the on-line Community of Practice and “Peer to Peer” dialogue, you will:
• Explore strategies for understanding your office energy, water and waste baseline.
• Complete a Green Action Plan checklist and examine energy, water, waste, transportation and healthy office opportunities within your facility.
• Create an individual company “green office” sustainability policy
• Examine best practices for implementation of “green office” programs.
• Understand low cost technologies for “greening” your office.
• Explore resources such as paper calculators for measuring, monitoring and celebrating your “green office” accomplishments.
• Receive resources on steps to negotiating a “green lease” with your landlord, templates and checklists.
• Gain tips and best practices through our On-Line “Green Office” Community of Practice.
Course Code: SC 128
Duration: 1 hour per week for four weeks (February 2, 8, 16, & 23 2012)
Cost: $424 early registration 525 for late registration (one price applies for your entire team)
Start and end times: 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST
For more information or to register click here.
© 2012, Richard Matthews. All rights reserved.