Sustainable Brands Innovation Open (SB Innovation Open) is a business plan competition unlike any other. It is a showcase of creativity, innovative thinking and solution based approaches that seek to make a significant environmental, social and economic impact within the business world. In addition, it fosters collaboration between early stage eco-entrepreneurs and executives from some of the most influential brands in the industry, as well as socially responsible investors who can help take their ideas to the next level. The deadline for SB’12 Innovation Open from sustainablebrands.com is approaching! Submissions are open until April 23rd, 2012, and finalists will be announced May 4th.
Sustainable Brands Innovation Open is a business plan competition unlike any other. It is a showcase of creativity, innovative thinking and solution based approaches that seek to make a significant environmental, social and economic contributions.
To read interviews from last year’s finalists click here.
The SB12 program is now in its fourth year, this event showcases highly innovative, socially conscious entrepreneurs with a product or B2B solution that is focused on helping companies achieve their goals towards creating more sustainable brands.
- Max Burton, Executive Creative Director, Frog Design
- Phil Giesler, Director of Innovation, Unilever Corporate Ventures
- Kate Heiny, Manager of Sustainability, Target
- Olivia Khalili, Senior Partnerships Manager, Ashoka’s Changemakers
- Renée Morin, President, PRé North America, Inc
- Rahul Raj, Director of Sustainability, Walmart.com
- William B. Rosenzweig, Partner, Physic Ventures
- Sandy Skees, CEO/Founder, Communications4Good
- KoAnn Vikoren Skrzyniarz, CEO/Founder, Sustainable Life Media & Sustainable Brands
- Andrew Winston, Founder, Winston Eco-Strategies
- Ian Yolles, Chief Sustainability Officer, Recyclebank
Read the judges’ bio’s click here.
This new venture showcase is focused on identifying and promoting innovative new consumer brands, AND ventures that support existing corporations in achieving their sustainable brand innovation goals. Thus submissions will be accepted under two categories:
The Idea Phase: the applicant has a complete business plan but no more than $100,000 of capital invested into the venture so far.
Post-Launch Phase: The venture is operational and has some early operating metrics to share.
Our entry form asks applicants to submit an overview of their business plan outlining the social/environmental impacts, economic viability, success measurement and scalability. Our expert judging panel will narrow the field to our top ten semi-finalists who will present their ideas at the Sustainable Brands conference in San Diego, California this June!
The 10 Semi-finalists will win:
- A full conference pass to SB’12
- Opportunity to display your business idea as part of the Sustainable Solutions Expo
- Pitch coaching from Darian Heyman, Founder/CEO of Code Green Agency. To see snippets of Darian speak at TedEx Presidio click here.
- Visibility with highly influential industry leaders who can help you take your brand to the next level
- One on one consultancy time with our judges, including high impact investors
4 Finalists will be selected to pitch in front of the full SB’12 Audience on the main stage. These pitches will also be recorded and broadcast live to our online viewers across the world.
The Winners will also receive:
- A full conference pass to SB’13
- Consulting support from industry professionals and veteran entrepreneurs
- More prizes to be announced
Think you have what it takes to really influence change? Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this one of a kind event! DEADLINE APRIL 23RD, 2012.
To see the SBIO Entry Form click here.
If you are have any further questions please email Ben Pawsey: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2012, Richard Matthews. All rights reserved.