conserving of energy and natural resources;
safe and healthful for workers, communities, and consumers
socially and creatively rewarding for all working people.”
- Products and services are:
- safe and ecologically sound throughout their life cycle;
- as appropriate, designed to be durable, repairable, readily recycled,
compostable, or easily biodegradable;
- produced and packaged using the minimal amount of material and energy
- wastes and ecologically incompatible byproducts are reduced, eliminated or
- chemical substances or physical agents and conditions that present hazards
to human health or the environment are eliminated;
- energy and materials are conserved, and the forms of energy and materials
used are most appropriate for the desired ends;
- work spaces are designed to minimize or eliminate chemical, ergonomic and
- their work is organized to conserve and enhance their efficiency and
- their security and well-being is a priority;
- they are encouraged and helped to continuously develop of their talents and
- their input to and participation in the decision making process is openly
raw materials through manufacture, use and disposal of the final product) are
respected and enhanced economically, socially, culturally and physically.
Continued economic viability does not depend on ever-increasing (i.e.,
unsustainable) consumption of materials and energy.
Production click here.
© 2012, Richard Matthews. All rights reserved.