On June 25-27, 2012 at the Sheraton Downtown, Los Angeles an event will be taking place on Mediterranean cities and climate change. Although countries across the Mediterranean regions may have differing developmental priorities, the urban centers face similar challenges. The Mediterranean City Consortium will work to collaborate and develop integrated climate change adaptation strategies and seek to share resources, technology and information for regionally relevant responses.
The Mediterranean City Conference will address the integrated issues common to Mediterranean cities with workgroups gathered around the following six interrelated topics:
• Water: Resilient Water Management Strategies for a Changing Climate
• Energy: Transitioning to an Energy Efficient and Low Carbon Future
• Biodiversity and Open Space: Building an Ecological City
• The Built Environment: Designing Healthier Communities
• Public Health: Preparing People for Their Future
• Governance: Rethinking Boundaries
Join us and contribute your expertise to the discussion about climate change adaptation strategies.
For more information and to register click here.
© 2012, Richard Matthews. All rights reserved.