The Infrastructure Summit will take place on November 6th 2012 in London, UK and will once again bring together 150 leading policy-makers, business, academics and experts from transport, energy and digital communications. The event will explore new approaches to infrastructure and takes a strategic view of infrastructure opportunities in Europe and the UK.
As Europe’s economy stagnates, infrastructure development offers one of the critical devices to generate growth. Yet we need new ideas. Traditional approaches are simply not working. We need to rethink our policies, embrace new opportunities offered by technology and rethink how we finance these.
Issues to be discussed:
- Why infrastructure development will give Europe the necessary economic stimulus.
- Where the necessary public policy reforms have already been made or will be made, in short: where to invest.
- How policies must change to give the right impetus to technological innovation and private investment.
The new, cutting-edge technologies, how to integrate them, how this will help move ahead of the competition, increase efficiencies of infrastructure systems and cut costs.
- The new approaches and strategies that are already here or will generate smart, sustainable growth across the continent.
- This includes, how to take an integrated approach amongst public and private sector stakeholders across EU, national and regional levels.
- How to finance infrastructure development whilst government budgets are stretched.
For more information click here.