Pathways is a biennial conference with a broad participation base from innovators in alternative energy, community finance, municipal development, and municipal government. P2S 2013 will include 10 keynote presentations and 30 showcase presentations over three days with onsite delegate participation of over 300 decision makers, innovators, and community leaders from Calgary and across Alberta.
We are seeking to broaden the participation of decision makers from across Alberta and across Canada through the broadcast of P2S events online. Our media partner; Cooperative Communications is working with us to set up live streaming of all conference events available for pay-per-view across Canada. We have decided to place an embargo on live stream across Alberta with the exception of participating organizations (Outlet Partners).
A total of 5 Conference Events with keynotes, and showcase presentations and 18 Live Stream Presentation Sessions will be offered.
Radio personality Don Hill will be moderating alongside distinguished author and local change agent Chris Turner providing exclusive interviews with Keynote Speakers, elected officials and industry leaders and with such personalities as Conference Co-Chair Lindsay Blackett (former Minister of Culture) and other interesting delegates.
Chris Turner is the author of the 2007 bestseller, “The Geography of Hope: A Tour of the World We Need” (Random House, 2007) and one of Canada’s leading writers and speakers on sustainability and the global cleantech industry. His reporting on energy, climate and sustainability issues appears regularly in The Walrus, The Globe & Mail, Canadian Geographic and many other publications. His most recent book, “The Great Leap: How to Survive and Thrive in the Sustainable Economy” sheds light on the global sustainability movement.
Don Hill is Don is a sound artist, musician, writer, filmmaker and broadcaster. Don is also the host of CKUA radio’s popular Expressions. His recording label Music Is Medicine is acclaimed for its 3D soundscapes of contemplative places in Canada. His current project to reshape the psychoacoustics associated with urban noise in Edmonton’s downtown core has attracted worldwide interest.
1. Planning the Built Environment, Energy and Sustainability May 29th
• Municipal Sustainability Planning & Implementation with Mayor’s from the City of Calgary & Edmonton 8:30am – 11:15am
• Municipal Planning, Transportation, and Building a City 11:15am – 12:30pm
• Municipal Sustainability & Energy and Sustainability with Keynote Mayor Moe Hamden 1:15pm – 3:00pm
• The Built Environment – New Urbanism with Session Leader Lloyd Alter (Tree Hugger Magazine) 3:00pm-5:00pm
• Urban Energy Solutions with Session Leader Robert Bean (Healthy Heating) 3:00pm-5:00pm
2. Keynote Reception May 29th
• Hunter Lovins (Natural Capitalism) & Don Hill (CKUA Radio) 6:30pm –9:00pm
3. Our Local Economy – Making it Make Cent$ May 30th
• Greening Canada’s Economy with Keynote Toby Heaps (Corporate Knights) 9:00am – 11:15am
• Urban Economics 11:15am – 12:45pm
• Corporate Sustainability & Industry 11:15am – 12:45pm
• Greening the Supply Chain with Keynote Andy Ellis (Walmart) 1:00pm – 1:45pm
• Impact Investing & Entrepreneurship 1:45pm – 3:30pm
• Community Culture & Innovative New Models for Sustainability 1:45pm – 3:30pm
• Alternative Energy & Economics of a New Economy 3:30pm – 5:00pm
• TBD 3:30-5:00pm
4. Calgary Community Showcase – Integrated Sustainability Evening Event May 30th
• 15 Showcase Presentations on Community Economic Development, Sustainability, Social Investing, Social Entrepreneurship, and Environmental Initiatives in Calgary – Free Event 6:30pm -9:00pm
5. Social Systems, Community Infrastructure & Sustainability May 30th
• Identifying Pathways – Sourcing Practical Solutions with Houston Pechl (The Collective) 8:30am – 10:00am
• Community Resilience – Practical Solutions with Michelle Collussi (Canadian Center for Community Renewal) 1:00pm – 2:00pm
• The Practical Pathways – P2S Calgary 2013 Outcomes with Lisa M. Fox (Sustainability Resources Ltd) and Robert Sinclair (Conscious Brands) 2:00pm – 3:30pm
• A P2S 2013 Livestream Full Participation Registration will be offered at $150.00 (drop in anytime and watch sessions, live chat, etc.)
• Conference Events are available for Registration at $50.00 per Event or $20.00 per individual presentation Session.
Click here to learn more about the conference, the live streaming of the event or to register.
20 Studies Demonstrate the Business Case for Sustainability
Video – The Business Case for Sustainability
Adopt CSR or Risk a Consumer Boycott
Increasing Sustainable Innovation Demands Change
Mandating Corporate Sustainability Data
The Sustainable Supply Chain Imperative
Video – Sustainability: The Potential of Universities to be Living Laboratories
The Benefits of Employee Engagement in Sustainability
The State of the Sustainability Profession, 2013
Five Sustainability Questions for 2013
Sustainability Past and Future: Executives Review 2012 and Make Predictions for 2013
Consumer Awareness Driving Corporate Sustainability in 2013
Top 5 Sustainability Trends for 2013
The Pervasiveness of Sustainability: Three Trends That Matter in 2013
13 Sustainability Predictions for 2013
Corporate Sustainability Report: Transitioning from 2012 to 2013
The Growth of Corporate Sustainability in 2013
The Green Market Oracle’s Top 20 Stories of 2012: Sustainability, Science and Weather
Greenbiz: Top Sustainability Trends of 2012