- 87 percent named optimizing their carbon footprint as their top priority for green adherence in their supply chain,
- 87 percent said that it’s best to reach an agreement with their suppliers on adhering to the highest ethical standards.
- 81 percent favor collaborating with suppliers to create a responsible supply chain footprint and procurement framework.
- 71 percent say effective track-and-trace capabilities are important.
- 67 percent said sustainability will play a more important role in the supply chains of the future.
- 48 percent said sustainability is highly important to their company’s supply chain,
- 38 percent of respondents from the industrial sector rated sustainability as an important or very important value driver influencing decisions about its supply chain.
The pharmaceuticals and life sciences industry is the sector most concerned with sustainability in its supply chain. The survey results showed that 67 percent of respondents from that industry named sustainability as an important or very important value driver influencing supply chain decisions. For this sector the two most important factors are delivery performance (100 percent) and cost minimization (94 percent).
© 2013, Richard Matthews. All rights reserved.
Sustainable Supply Chain Transparency: Strategic Analysis and Best Practices
The Sustainable Supply Chain Imperative
Survey of Executives Views on Sustainable Supply Chains
Building Resilience to Supply Chain Disruptions due to Climate Change
Introduction to Sustainable Supply Chains
Introduction to (Sustainable) Supply Chain Management
Sustainable Supply Chains
The Rise of Sustainable Supply Chains
Sustainable Supply Chains are Profitable
Case Study Illustrates the Profitability of Sustainable Supply Chains
2012 Review: Sustainable Supply Chains
Sustainable Procurement Guidelines and Procedures
The Three Tiers of Sustainability and Supply Chains
Ten Sources of Green Supply Chain Information
Five Elements of a Sustainable Supply Chain
Environmental Regulations Shaping Today’s Sustainable Supply Chains
Sustainable Supply Chains and New Environmental Laws
Collaboration in Sustainable Supply Chains
The Lean Sustainable Supply Chain
Environmental Leader’s Top 15 Sustainable Supply Chain Stories of 2012
Sustainable Supply Chain Integration
Understanding Responsible Procurement and Creating Value
IT Sector Should Leverage Their Supply Chains
UN Supply Chain Sustainability Tool Introduced at Rio+20
CIPS Sustainable Procurement Tool
Sustainable Supply Chain Data Book
Responsible Procurement Strategy (e-book)
Video – Sustainable Supply Chain Tutorials from IMD
Video: Ten Steps To A Greener Supply Chain
Video: Green Supply Chain
The Supply Chain of CO2 Emissions (White Paper)
New Dimensions in Supply Chain Management (White Paper)
Digging In: The Nuts and Bolts of Supply Chain Sustainability (White Paper)
White Paper – Best Practices in Sustainable Procurement of Paperboard
Video: Future Supply Chain 2016