The B Team, a global non-profit founded by Sir Richard Branson and Jochen Zeitz, revealed its starting line-up of business leaders 13th June 2013. They will work together to deliver a new way of doing business that prioritises people and planet alongside profit — a “Plan B” for businesses the world over.
The leaders joining The B Team founders Sir Richard Branson and Jochen Zeitz are:
• Shari Arison, Owner, Arison Group
• Kathy Calvin, President and CEO, United Nations Foundation
• Arianna Huffington, Chair, President & Editor In Chief, The Huffington Post Media Group
• Mo Ibrahim, Founder, Celtel
• Guilherme Leal, Founder & Co-Chairman, Natura
• Strive Masiyiwa, Founder & Chairman, Econet Wireless
• Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Government of Nigeria
• François-Henri Pinault, CEO & Chairman, Kering
• Paul Polman, CEO, Unilever
• Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus, Tata Group
• Zhang Yue, Founder and Chairman, Broad Group
• Professor Muhammad Yunus, Chairman, Yunus Centre
• Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, Deputy Chair, The Elders (Honorary Leader)
• Mary Robinson, Secretary, The Elders and President, Mary Robinson Foundation — Climate Justice (Honorary Leader)
In a live online broadcast to over 1000 hundred gatherings in more than 200 cities around the world, The B Team Leaders also issued a joint Declaration today (bteam.org/about/declaration), acknowledging key global problems such as growing inequality, unemployment and the unsustainable use of natural resources. The group commits to accelerating a movement of leaders around the world driven by a better way of doing business.
Visit http://www.bteam.org for more information.
Video – The B Team Story
Video – The B Team Declaration
Benefit Corporation Legislation
B Corp Town Hall: The Power of Business as a Force for Good
The 10 Greatest Social Entrepreneurs of All Time
2012 in Retrospect: New Economy, Banking and Guns