The Annual Sustainable Florida Conference is titled Working on the Green. This Sustainability Summit is scheduled for Wednesday, October 30, 2013, beginning at 8:30 AM. The Best Practice Awards Luncheon is at 12 noon. This exciting program features several of Florida’s
sustainability leaders in an informal setting that will educate, inspire
and facilitate your first steps.
The annual Sustainable Florida conference has a different theme in a new location each year. It gives individuals from campuses, government, businesses and communities a chance to come together to share their experiences and challenges related to creating sustainability and a green culture.
Presentations focus on matters relating to Florida’s economy, environment, and quality of life.
Successful projects and strategies
- Education and research for sustainability
- Economic improvements for sustainable efficiency and effectiveness
- Protection and restoration for sustainable ecological systems
- Enhancing sustainability for the well-being of all people
Who should attend?
- The conference is open to participants interested in sharing best practices for Florida’s future
- Business leaders and directors of sustainability efforts
- Administrators, faculty and students of Florida’s academic institutions
- Government officials and community leaders
- Planning, facility and development staff
- Florida citizens interested in developing stronger, local sustainability initiatives
Learn how to:
- Increase profits
- Reduce expenses
- Create markets
- Enhance brand loyalty
- Improve performance by learning best practices
- Be prepared for the new marketplace
- Build a network of new partners
The Best Practice Awards – Florida Green School Awards
An independent set of judge review and score each nomination. Judges are experienced and knowledgeable in the fields of sustainability, energy, engineering, green building, corporate social responsibility and government.
Click here for more information or to register.
Understanding Sustainability: Forging a Comprehensive Definition
Top 10 Sustainability Reports of 2012
20 Studies Demonstrate the Business Case for Sustainability
Sustainability Calling: Its Now or Never
Corporate Sustainability Leadership in America
The Overwhelming Logic of Sustainable Business
Sustainability is an Unstoppable Megatrend
Sustainable Successes and Failures
Cost Benefit Analysis of Sustainable Business
Adopt CSR or Risk a Consumer Boycott
Increasing Sustainable Innovation Demands Change
Mandating Corporate Sustainability Data
The Sustainable Supply Chain Imperative
The State of the Sustainability Profession, 2013
Five Sustainability Questions for 2013
Consumer Awareness Driving Corporate Sustainability in 2013
Top 5 Sustainability Trends for 2013
The Pervasiveness of Sustainability: Three Trends That Matter in 2013
13 Sustainability Predictions for 2013
The Growth of Corporate Sustainability in 2013
The Green Market Oracle’s Top 20 Stories of 2012: Sustainability, Science and Weather