This event will take place on November 27, 2013, 08:30 – 16:40 at the Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George Street, London, UK. Risky Business: Empowering People with Environmental Information brings you the most up-to-date information on legislation and regulation that affects environmental due diligence.
Expert speakers from all areas of the field will provide an insight into the current landscape and recent developments within the industry whilst providing practical guidance to ensure you are doing all you can to help your clients and yourself.
Risky Business provides a forum for delegates to question key industry decision makers on recent hot topics affecting the industry and network with colleagues from other environmental and property businesses.
Speakers and Subjects
- Peter Atchison (PAGeotechnical Ltd): Chair
- Jonathan Davis (Jonathan Davis Wealth Management): Macroeconomic outlook for UK economy / commercial property
- Hugh Mallett (Buro Happold Ltd): Brownfield First! Or the “Dash for grass”. Implications of the NPPF on the redevelopment of land affected by contamination
- Peter Warman (Ground-Gas Solutions): Ground-gas: Best practices in monitoring techniques
- Les White (Aeris Europe): European Air Quality: Where from here and what might it mean for European businesses?
Simon Cooke (6 Alpha): “Bombs Away” – Understanding UXO Risks
- Nicholas Willenbrock (CL:AIRE): The uptake and benefits of using the CL:AIRE Definition of Waste: Code of Practice (DoWCoP) and its future development
- Justin Butler (Ambiental): Keeping Your Clients Afloat – how flooding is impacting commercial property and business sustainability
- Andrew Wiseman (Harrison Grant Solicitors): Legal Issues – an update
- Caroline McCaffrey (Land Quality Management Ltd): Sustainability: Beyond risk based land management?
Who Should Attend
Environmental consultants, civil engineers, planning professionals, contractors, technology vendors, local authorities, contaminated land professionals.
The latest hot topics affecting the industry will be discussed by key industry leading figureheads.
The event provides a networking arena between industry peers and key figure heads.
Gain practical guidance and expert advice on contaminated land treatment.
Question and answer sessions at the end of each presentation, giving delegates the opportunity to probe the industry experts and debate important issues.
To register click here.
Supreme Court to Review the EPA’s Right to Limit GHGs
Comprehensive Summary of US Green Legislation
New Tool Tracks State Energy Legislation Across the US
Video – Advanced Energy Legislation (AEL) Tracker
Supreme Court Decision Undermines Climate Change Legislation
Supreme Court Recognizes EPA Role in Carbon Pollution Protection
Protecting the Planet from Corporate Influence
US Green Legislation
Green Marketing Legislation
Chinese Green Legislation, Part 2
Chinese Green Legislation, Part 1
European Green Legislation Part 1
European Green Legislation Part 2
Europe’s Legislation for Greener Car
Green IT Investment, Regulation and Legislation
The Lacey Act Combats Illegal Logging
White Paper & Case Study: Environmental Compliance Theory and Practice
14 Environmental Compliance Case Studies (E-book)
Going Beyond Compliance: Best-in-Class Environmental Performance (Webcast)
Three SAP Reports on Sustainability
The Guru’s Guide to Implementing and Compliance
ISO 14020 Series: Three Types of Compliance
GRI Reporting Tool is Good for Business
Sustainable Procurement Guidelines and Compliance