State of the World 2014 Book Launch & Symposium will take place on Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 from 1:00pm – 5:00pm
on the 1st Floor Conference Room, 1400 16th st. NW, Washington, DC.
At this event the Worldwatch Institute will formally release its latest edition of the annual publication State of the World 2014: Governing for Sustainability. This year’s edition marks the Worldwatch Institute’s 40th anniversary and discusses the importance of reclaiming legitimate governance as a means to reach a more sustainable world.
See below for details about attending the event in person or streaming it live.
- Project Co-directors Michael Renner and Tom Prugh
- Keynote speaker David Orr, Paul Sears Distinguished Professor of Environmental Studies and Politics at Oberlin College
- Gar Alperovitz, president of the National Center for Economic and Security Alternatives
- Petra Bartosiewicz, freelance journalist and author of the book The Best Terrorists We Could Find
- Colleen Cordes, Director of Outreach and Development for the Nature Institute in Ghent, New York
- Thomas Palley, currently the Schwartz Economic Growth Fellow at the New America Foundation
- Sean Sweeney, director and founder of the Global Labor Institute at the Cornell School of Industrial and labor Relations in New York City.
For more information please email Grant Potter at email@example.com
Click here to RSVP to attend the event.
Click here to register for the free live webcast that will take place on the day of the symposium (April 29).
Click here to pre-order a copy of the book.
Video – 25 Years of Sustainability (Michael Geller)
Growth Strategies For Energy & Sustainability In 2014
Sustainability Leadership Needs a New Mindset
20 Studies Demonstrate the Business Case for Sustainability
Recognizing Sustainability Leadership in Business
Video – Corporate Sustainability Report 2013: The Way to Long
Video – Corporate Leaders on Sustainability
Video – Sustainability in Business is All about Waste: The Value of a Closed Loop (Circular) Economy
Business Sustainability Tips from Accor’s Planet 21 Program
Understanding Sustainability: Forging a Comprehensive Definition
Ten Things New Sustainability Managers Need to Know
Best Practices for Sustainable Businesses
Best Practices for Communicating Sustainability
Best Practices for Engaging Employees in Sustainability
Sustainable Supply Chains
Sustainable Successes and Failures
Sustainable Business Methods, Strategy, Management and Reporting
Sustainability is a Catalyst for Innovation
Sustainability is an Unstoppable Megatrend
The Overwhelming Logic of Sustainable Business