The one day course Alternative Energy for Water and Wastewater Operations will take place on May 20, 2014
from 8:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey. Learn about materials and devices used in alternative energy systems, conversion, storage and generation, from photovoltaics and fuel cells to super capacitors, in this introductory course.
Developed as an introduction to the rapidly growing field of non-conventional (non-hydrocarbon based) energy sources, this course will present information on the materials and devices used in alternative energy systems, conversion, storage and generation.
It will address such questions as:
- What do we mean by conventional energy vs. alternative energy?
- Sustainable energy, vs. clean energy?
- What are photovoltaics and fuel cells?
- What are batteries and super capacitors?
- How can energy be stored once it is generated?
- What other energy sources are out there?
In addition, case studies of real world utility applications right here in New Jersey will be presented.
For more information or to register click here.