Women In Green Forum will take place August 26th, 2014 at the Luxe Bel Air, Los Angeles, CA. The theme is Design Your Impact. Some of the issues that will be addresses include inspiration,greener transport, Sustainability Solutions and Technologies, Sustainability in the Built Environment, clean technologies, Sustainability and Innovation.
There will also be an awards ceremony: Care2 Impact Award & Women In Green Forum Technology Trailblazer and Youth Trailblazer Award.
- Councilmember Mike Bonin, 11th District, City of Los Angeles
- Sarah Backhouse, Founder & CEO, Future360.tv
- Bridgett Luther, President, Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
- Jennifer Gilbert, Chief Marketing Officer, I:Collect USA (I:CO)
- Lisa Trifiletti, Director of the Environmental and Land Use Planning Division, Los Angeles World Airports
- Michelle Boehm, Southern California Regional Director, California High Speed Rail Authority
- Engelina Jaspers, Chief Flexologist, FlexMarketing Pro.com, Former Vice President of Environmental Sustainability, Hewlett-Packard
- Dominique Gomez, Director of Market Development, WaterSmart Software
- Blake R. Rupe, MA, Founder & CEO, Re-APP
- Esperanza Garcia, Co-Founder, International Youth Council and Co-Founder, Philippine Youth Climate Movement
- Beverly Macy, Host, Social Media Radio with Beverly Macy, Co-Author, The Power of Real-Time Social Media Marketing, Educator, UCLA Anderson School of Management, Contributor, The Huffington Post
- Nurit Katz, Chief Sustainability Officer, UCLA
- Commissioner Carla Peterman, California Public Utilities Commission
- Raminta Jautokas, Program Manager, Environmental Business Development Office, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Catherine Jhung, Principal, Hercules Technology Growth Capital
- Faith Taylor, Senior Vice President, Sustainability and Innovation, Wyndham Worldwide
- Greta Eagan, Author, Wear No Evil
In an effort to minimize its environmental impact, the Women In Green Forum event planning process is guided by Three Squares Inc’s sustainable event policy which is compliant with the international standard, ISO20121. This standard was popularized by the 2012 London Olympics and requires that event organizers consider the impact of all event related activities within the areas of energy and water efficiency, carbon emissions, event waste, as well as sustainable catering, decor and event supplies.
To register click here.
The 21 Most Powerful Women in Sustainability (gb&d magazine)
Female Climate Justice Leaders and Environmental Champions (350.org)
Female CSR and Sustainability Leaders (Triple Pundit)
Female Faith Leaders Say Climate Change is a Priority Issue
Infographic – Enviromental Benefits of Empowering Women and Providing Access to Sustainable Energy
Video – Women’s Earth Alliance (WEA)
Video – Women’s Claims on Environmental Sustainability
Video – Women Environment Leaders from the Himalayas
Video – Women in Sustainability, Environment and Renewable Energy Forum (WISER) Keynote Speech
Video – Women on the Margins: The Shriver Report and Implications for Sustainability
Impediments to Women in the Workforce Inhibit Environmental Action
Celebrating Female Environmentalists on Women’s Day
Visionary Women: The Profiles of 2 Important Environmentalists
Women are More Environmentally Friendly
Video – Women and Climate Change