This course on Electrics for Solar PV and renewable systems will address safety, instruments and controls. This intensive two-day course offers an exam for the Galileo Master Certificate. It is intended for professionals and individuals with a strong interest in the electrical equipment side of renewable systems, safety instruments and controls.
It will take place on the 24th – 25th September 2014, at Edinburgh Napier University. It is also available online with live tutorial.
Become a Solar Energy Expert Consultant – Participants in this course can also take Solar Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Management and Finance courses to achieve the new Solar Energy Consultant Expert Certificate.
Earthing and Bonding
Cable Termination Skills
Safe Isolation Methods
Supply System Overview
Electrical Regulations Overview
Practical hands-on experience showing the use of test equipment to enhance installation and troubleshooting technique on renewable energy systems.
The practical sessions will include exercises in:
· aligning solar panels
· true power measurement
· use of dummy loads
· inverter testing
· checking meter calibration
· insulation testing
Note: participants will be connecting solar panels/renewable equipment, supervised, in a safe environment.
- Understand components and arrangements found in renewable systems.
- Recognise the types of instrumentation used in the operation of renewable systems, including sizing, interfacing and using battery backup systems.
- Identify the advantages and limitations of inverter types and technologies.
- Understand the types of electrical dangers and the need for safety.
- Recognise the need for reliable and safe terminations, earthing and bonding regulations.
- Understand the concept of safe isolation and fault isolation techniques and equipment.
For more information click here.
Solar’s Prodigious Growth in the US
Solar Power’s Prodigious Global Growth
Photovaltaic Panel Shortages – The Downside of the Solar Boom
The Obama Administration’s Support for Solar
Solar Innovation in Energy Generation and Transportation
Global Solar Industry Outlook for 2014
The Solar Industry at a Glance: Past Present and Future
Ambitious Growth Predicted for Solar in 2013 and 2014
US Solar is Breaking Records and Shining Bright in 2013
Top Twelve Solar Friendly US States
The Growth of Global Solar Energy
Chinese Solar to Lead the World
America Surpasses a Solar PV Milestone and Keeps Going
Video – Local Small Scale Solar Across the US: Freeing the Grid
Infographic – The Growth of Solar Energy (2014)
Infographic: Global Solar Energy 2007 – 2014
Infographic – US Solar Growth 2013
Infographic – Solar Energy Price Declines
Infographic – Leading Companies Installing Solar Energy (2013)
Infographic – Solar Installations by State
Infographic – Top 10 Solar States