CanSIA Solar West Conference takes place on October 1 and 2, 2014 in Calgary Alberta. Alberta is well known for its fossil fuels but the province is also fortunate to have one of Canada’s greatest solar energy resources. In an average day, an amount equivalent to all of the province’s remaining conventional established oil reserves (estimated at 1.5 billion barrels) falls on the province. Despite the fact that solar is a high-value proven reserve with a negligible environmental impact, it remains largely untapped.
In 2014, the Government of Alberta is expected to release the “Renewable and Alternative Energy Framework” as part of its ongoing energy policy development and climate change policy renewal.
This policy framework could lay the groundwork for the province’s first renewable energy policy and would give rise to measures aimed at enabling greater participation from solar and other renewable energy sources in the electricity-mix at a time when great change is beginning in Alberta’s electricity sector.
CanSIA’s fifth annual Solar West will bring together 200 of the key thought leaders, decision-makers & enablers of solar energy in Alberta to discuss the path to and implications of 1.5% of Alberta’s electricity being met by solar in 2022 (equivalent to 1 GW).
What to Expect
- A two-day conference featuring the most current solar energy insights & perspectives
- Presentations from international and domestic solar experts and industry leaders
- Networking at the Welcome, Garden Patio & Closing Receptions and Pub Night
Who Will Attend?
200 of the key thought leaders, decision-makers and enablers of solar energy in Alberta
- Full Conference: Member $595
- Full Conference: Non-Member $695
- Pub Night – Wednesday, October 1 $60
- Welcome Reception on Tuesday evening
- Access to Conference Sessions &
- Plenaries on Wednesday and Thursday
- Continental breakfasts and buffet lunches on Wednesday and Thursday
CanSIA Membership Discounts
CanSIA Corporate and Supporter Members Save $100 on conference registration.