This webinar will take place on Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM EDT
Alex Wilson, Founder, BuildingGreen Inc. and Resilient Design Institute, provides context for why we need to be considering resilience in looking at the built environment during the coming decades.
Alex will give an overview of practical measures that can be implemented today to create more resilient buildings and communities. These measures include:
• Improvements to the energy performance of building envelopes (ensuring that buildings will maintain habitable temperatures if they lose power)
• Flood-proofing strategies
• Enhancing wind resistance
• Providing access to water, and
• Providing access to some electricity in the event of an extended power outage
Presenter: Alex Wilson, Founder, BuildingGreen Inc. and Resilient Design Institute
Moderator: Cynthia Greene, Manager, Energy and Climate Unit, U.S. EPA New England
This webinar kicks off the series Weathering Change: Local Solutions for Strong Communities by Antioch University New England and EPA Regions 1 and 2.
To register for this webinar click here.