This event will take place from January 17 – 24, 2015 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Sustainability Week (ADSW) offers a private sector
approach to tackling complex, interconnected sustainability challenges. This initiative is designed to address the challenges affecting energy, water and sustainable development.
Taking place every January, ADSW comprises the World Future Energy Summit, International Water Summit and EcoWASTE, as well as the general assembly of the International Renewable Energy Agency. This Masdar – hosted annual event will also feature the Zayed Future Energy Prize (ZFEP).
ADSW is the largest gathering on sustainability in the Middle East, attracting global policy makers, industry thought-leaders and clean technology innovators together with 32,000 delegates and visitors from more than 170 countries.
ADSW will build international momentum for the UN Climate Change Conference (COP 21) in Paris, bringing together 32,000 delegates from more than 170 countries to drive innovation and implement transformative solutions.
ADSW complements these global efforts by providing a platform that enables a private sector, bottom-up approach to accelerate commercially driven solutions that tackle interconnected resource and climate challenges. The urgency of these issues will be underscored by COP 21.
“ADSW is a platform that drives the private sector solutions required for the advancement of sustainable development and renewable energy adoption,” said H. E Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, UAE minister of state and chairman of Masdar. “Our bottom-up approach recognizes that national governments alone cannot solve these pressing issues. Increasingly, effective solutions are being driven by corporations and community leaders.”
“ADSW is a global platform,” said HE Dr. Al Jaber, “that unites key industry players – from policy makers to corporate leaders – to ignite actions that accelerate commercial opportunities to address energy and water security, waste and that promote sustainable development.”
ADSW’s 2015 program will feature a series of complementary events, conference and exhibitions, including:
· The World Future Energy Summit (WFES) is the world’s foremost event dedicated to the advancement of renewable energy, energy efficiency and clean technology. This year there will be a particular focus on the growing clean energy investment opportunities of the Middle East and Africa – two of the world’s most promising renewable energy markets – with participation from several Africa ministers and regional leaders.
· The International Water Summit (IWS) provides a business approach to addressing water scarcity, sustainable growth and economic development in arid regions. Attended by the global water community, the event will highlight the future challenges of water availability and promote international collaboration on water governance to address the relationship between water and energy.
· EcoWASTE is presented in partnership with Tadweer, Center of Waste Management-Abu Dhabi. This year, EcoWASTE will focus on development of the GCC’s waste management challenges and opportunities, and will highlight progress and opportunities in sustainable waste management and showcase the adoption of cutting-edge technology such as waste-to-energy.
· The Zayed Future Energy Prize award ceremony will announce the winners of the US$4 million prize, which rewards innovators, organization and schools addressing global sustainability and energy challenges.
· The General Assembly, January 17, of the International Renewable Energy Agency – the world’s intergovernmental organization dedicated to accelerating the adoption of renewable energy – will open the week of ADSW.
For more information click here.