The 3rd Water Research Conference will take place on January 11 – 14, 2015 in Shenzhen Kylin Villa, Shenzhen, China.
The conference will address two main topics:
1) Catalytic processes and new materials and technologies in water/wastewater treatment
2)Water reuse and product recovery from water/wastewater treatment
This event aims to present results of state-of-the-art exploration in water/wastewater treatment and discuss conceptually novel ideas that are necessary to develop well-tuned energy- and resource-efficient treatment technologies designed to remove a wide range of known and emerging pollutants and/or to recover all useful resources like chemicals, nutrients, energy and water itself.
The conference will provide a unique opportunity for the presentation of results of cutting-edge exploratory activities, associated technological applications. Most importantly, there will be an extensive exchange of ideas leading to a shared understanding of the most promising and critically important directions to achieve water security and the improvement of water quality and the recovery of resources on local and global scales.
The program will be particularly focused on water treatment approaches that utilise highly efficient processes, for instance those of catalytic nature or involving interfacial interactions and other microscopic level controls of transformation of pollutants in engineered systems. Specific challenges on recovering resources from water/wastewater, especially water reuse, nutrient/energy/chemicals recovery will be addressed.
- Catalytic processes and new materials and technologies in water/wastewater treatment
- Microscopic level insights into catalytic and related reactions leading to efficient degradation of emerging contaminants.
- New materials for water and wastewater treatment operations
- Solar and UV-driven technologies in water and wastewater treatment
- Catalytic processes and controls in radical-driven treatment reactions
- Catalysis in advanced reduction processes
- Reactive membranes and membrane materials
- Catalytic electrochemical systems for water treatment
- Water reuse and product recovery from water/wastewater treatment
- Advances in technology for wastewater reuse
- Nutrient recovery, technology and market related issues
- Decentralized water recycling possibilities
- Stormwater harvesting and technologies
- Energy recovery
- Chemicals recycling/recovery
Summary of World Water Week 2015: Events, Ideas and Stories
Water for Development: World Water Week 2015
The Water Crisis and Development: World Water Week 2015 (Video)
Water is a Key to Sustainable Development
The Importance of Water for Sustainable Development
UN’s 2015 World Water Development Report
Climate Change Increases Risks of Water Borne Diseases Contracted by Swimming
Beaches are Facing Environmental and Climate Threats
World Water Week 2014
The 2014 World Water Development Report (fifth edition): Water and Energy
World Water Week 2013: Water Cooperation – Building Partnerships
World Water Day 2013: International Year of Water Cooperation