The 2nd annual Wind Energy Summit will take place on April 16th and 17th in Cape Town South Africa, one of the world’s most exciting new hubs for wind energy in the world. This is the number one commercially based wind energy summit in South Africa.
Come and listen to 2015’s most qualified wind energy experts speak about
how to implement the financial and legislative changes which will
continue to drive industry success into the future.
2015 is critical year for Wind energy so simply put; you cannot afford
to miss this conference which will provide you with critical updates and
networking opportunities which will drive growth into the future.
Features of the agenda for 2015:
- The inclusion of an international Utility Panel involving E.ON Climate & Renewables, GDF Suez and Mainstream Renewable Power so you can learn strategies from a pool of expert knowledge.
- A larger, more focused investor presence with key players such as Barclays, Fieldstone Investment and Green Vantage X, to maximise your development potential. Where you can find out how you can secure your financial future for wind developments.
- Increased networking opportunities with the key decision makers in the wind energy industry; learn who, what and where the next profit hub will be.
- Long term strategies for financial success; How to navigate government requirements and mitigate development risks for a sustainable future.
- The key financial, governmental and operational personnel present to give critical updates and reveal their latest solutions.
- Commercially focused discussion topics which focus on making business easier for the wind industry.
- Powerful and intimate networking opportunities streamlined into two focused days.
- All suppliers and solution providers under one roof of the biggest wind energy event of the year.
Some of the speakers confirmed to attend so far
- Alastair Campell
- Axel Wietfeld
Director South Africa
- Bhavtik C. Vallabhjee
Investment Banker Senior
- Charles Brewer
Managing Director Sub-Saharan Africa
- Hein Reyneke
Mainstream Renewable Power
- James White
Country Sales Manager
- Kilian Hagemann
- Mike Mulchay
This year’s topics include;
- Government Updates Affecting the Wind Industry
- Explore grid capacity, future funding and grid compliance so you know when to start selling energy creating profits
- How to profit in an increasingly competitive climate
- Understand how to thrive in the emerging wind energy market in tougher economic conditions
- The Prospects Beyond 2016 for Wind
- Look at long from visions from the key decision makers involved in South African wind and what this means for the country
- Risk mitigation
- Understand how you can reduce risk by ensuring your contractual strategies pre and post constriction are covering you effectively and how the industry can attract further investment from international institutions.
Lessons Learned From Key international players
- Prospective on international wind development from Europe and Canada highlighting the common challenges faced there and how South Africans can avoid them
- Local Procurement and Supply Chain
- Learn how to utilise the domestic supply chain to your advantage, manage policy and ensure projects are favourable in government from those that are actively involved today. Expert suggestions to drive the local industrialisation process in South Africa
Brand New Features for 2015
- Increased investor presence to ensure you build a bankable project
- Increased government presence to build effective dialogues
- Exclusive panel sessions to review domestic and international projects
- Global development updates from all international stakeholders
- Closed round door discussions allowing you to exchange valuable insight on key focus areas
- Expert led workshops to address major challenges and ensure increased project RIO
African Renewable Energy Alliance (AREA)
African Renewable Energy Fund (AREF)
Celebrating Renewables on Africa Industrialization Day
Islamic Banks and Renewable Energy in MENA
Africa a Renewable Energy Superpower?
Africa Industrialization Day: Leapfrogging with Sustainable Energy
East Africa Can Learn from Iceland’s Geothermal Energy Industry
South Africa and the Rise of Renewable Energy on the Continent
Lesotho’s Renewable Energy Projects One of the Largest in Africa
Arab Spring Fueling the World’s Most Ambitious Solar Project in North Africa
Wind Energy Top 10 Nations: Installed Capacity for 2013 and Cumulative Capacity
The Growth of Global Wind Energy
Global Wind Energy at a Glance (China, EU, US)