The event Putting a Price on Carbon will take place on Tuesday, January 27; 7:30 – 9:30 pm at the Isabel Bader Theatre, 93 Charles Street West, Toronto, Ontario. A panel of carbon pricing experts will provide the case for either carbon fee and dividend and cap and trade.
Stephen Lewis will moderate a debate comparing the merits of a Carbon Tax vs Cap and Trade, the two principal methods proposed to set a price on carbon.
- Nicholas Rivers, Chairholder, Canada Research Chair in Climate and Energy, University of Ottawa
- David Robinson, Associate Professor of Economics, Laurentian University
- Katie Sullivan, Director, North America and Climate Finance, IETA
- Gray Taylor, a leading climate change lawyer working in Toronto
- Kristyn Annis, President of Canadians for Clean Prosperity
- Lynn McDonald, Professor of Sociology, University of Guelph
The event is sponsored by For Our Grandchildren, Citizens’ Climate Lobby Canada, and University of Toronto’s School of the Environment
Click here for tickets to the event.
See the Youtube feed below to watch the live discussion as it unfolds on January 27 between 7:30 and 9:30 pm.