As announced on May 5, 2015 here are the winners of The Energy Department’s seventh annual Next Generation Luminaires design competition for energy efficient indoor and outdoor lighting. The Next Generation Luminaires™ (NGL) Solid-State Lighting (SSL) Design Competition seeks to encourage technical innovation and promote excellence in the design of LED lighting fixtures (luminaires) for commercial, industrial and institutional applications. The competition is sponsored by DOE, the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America and the International Association of Lighting Designers.
2015 NGL Design Competition Winners. Twelve entries were designated as Outstanding in one or more evaluation categories:
- Selux Corporation (Highland, New York): Awarded Outstanding for Dimming for its Kju decorative pendant luminaire, Outstanding for Serviceability for its M36 LED My White color-tuning luminaire, and Outstanding for Versatility for its Olivio LED Sistema 2 pole-mounted pedestrian-scale luminaire.
- Finelite (Union City, California): Awarded Outstanding for Serviceability for its HPR-LED 2×2 color-tuning luminaire, and Outstanding for User Interface for its FineTune System color-tuning system.
- USAI Lighting (New Windsor, New York): Awarded Outstanding for Dimming for its Max Output Warm Glow Dimming color-tuning luminaire.
- Juno Lighting Group (Des Plaines, Illinois): Awarded Outstanding for Dimming for its Indy L-Series LED Cylinder decorative pendant luminaire.
- Amerlux (Oakland, New Jersey): Awarded Outstanding for Efficacy for its Murro LED Wall Wash wall washing luminaire.
- Intense Lighting (Anaheim, California): Awarded Outstanding for Efficacy for its Gravity Cylinder decorative pendant luminaire.
- Louis Poulsen (Fort Lauderdale, Florida): Awarded Outstanding for Serviceability for its LP Circle Pendant decorative pendant luminaire.
- Landscape Forms (Kalamazoo, Michigan): Awarded Outstanding for Form Factor for its MultipliCITY LED Pathlight bollard.
- Cree (Durham, North Carolina): Awarded Outstanding for Innovation for its IG Series parking garage luminaire.