This CDP certified event will take place Thursday July 9th, 2015, at the Congress Centre, 28, Great Russell Street, London, UK. With the new Conservative government committed to tackling climate change, this seminar will be a timely opportunity to discuss practical steps for the future of policy in this area – including sector-specific adaptation plans.
Delegates will assess implementation and next steps for the National Adaptation Programme (NAP), the government strategy for dealing with the most urgent climate change risks. Discussion will be informed by a keynote presentation from Daniel Johns, Head of Adaptation at the Committee on Climate Change following the delivery to government of its latest assessment of progress at the end of June. The agenda will also bring out latest thinking on the key areas of focus of the NAP, including community level flood defence, water scarcity and heat stress, and adaptation in the built and business environments.
- Daniel Johns, Head of Adaptation, Committee on Climate Change
- Charlie Corbishley, Climate Change Adaptation Manager, Environment Agency
- Jonathan Tillson, Head of Sustainable Business Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Anna Beswick, Adaptation Scotland Manager, Adaptation Scotland
- Rupert Clubb, Director of Communities, Economy and Transport, East Sussex County Council and Chair, Local Adaptation Advisory Panel
- Dr Mike Keil, Asset Strategy Manager, Severn Trent Water
- Dr Mike Morecroft, Principal Specialist, Climate Change, Natural England
- Dr Louise Newport, Scientific Policy Manager, Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Extreme Weather, Department of Health
- Zoe Young, Property Plan A Project Manager, Marks & Spencer
- Juliette Daniels, Director, Climate UK and Partnership Manager, London Climate Change Partnership
- Tony Glover, Director of Policy, Energy Networks Association
- Paul Hammett, National Specialist (Water Resources) NFU
- Dr Caroline Lowe, Principal Engineer, Network Rail
- John Slaughter, Director of External Affairs, Home Builders Federation
- Lord Hunt of Chesterton, former Chief Executive, Met Office
- Dr Lisa Cameron MP, Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Climate Justice)
Click here to register.