The Green Market Oracle has been following the plethora of studies that show the value of sustainability. Over the years we have summarized and republished links to more than 20 studies that show the ROI of sustainability.
Sustainable Brands recently released a complimentary compilation of 22 research studies that collectively demonstrate the positive ROI of sustainability. These studies cover a variety of angles, including company revenue, stock performance, product-level profitability, brand reputation, employee and consumer engagement benefits, accounting for externalities, reduced risk exposure, and a number of individual company case studies.
In this summary you will find:
- How leading researchers are analyzing the ROI of sustainability on multiple levels, including company revenue, stock performance, product-level profitability, valuation of employee and consumer engagement, and more
- Why investing in companies with strong sustainability credentials is proving to be a consistently good bet, and why Modern Portfolio Theory may be significantly outdated
- How measurable and manageable brand reputations are related to factors such as sustainability initiatives, quality of management, employee engagement, use of corporate assets, innovation, quality of products and global competitiveness
- What advantages climate leaders among S&P 500 companies create for themselves, and how they outperform their peers
- How the world’s largest 500 companies are decoupling revenue growth from GHG emissions, and what that means for the future of climate and business leadership
To access this complimentary compilation from Sustainable Brands click here.
The Business Case for Sustainability in 2015
20 Studies Make the Business Case for Sustainability
CDP Report Demonstrates Sustainability is Profitable
Climate Action Enhances Profit by 9.6% (2014 CDP Report)
Acting on Climate Change Makes Good Economic Sense According to Citibank
Sustainability Reporting Attracts Investors and Improves ROI (Video)
The Benefits of a Sustainability Designed Constructed and Operated Facility
A Case Study on the Value of Sustainable Sourcing
Why Small Businesses are Engaging Sustainability
Sustainability Initiatives Double Revenue
Adding Value through Sustainability
Sustainability, CSR, ESG & SRI = $
Sustainability Lends Legitimacy to Profitability
Lucrative Investment Opportunities are Driving the Growth of Sustainability