The 8th SIF17 will take place on the 13th and 14th of November 2017 in Bonn, Germany. This year this event will be taking place on the lawn of the Deutsche Post DHL Group Post Tower, only steps away from the COP23. Because the Forum will not be located within the Blue Zone, (the location of the official COP23 negotiations), attendees will not require a special UNFCCC accreditation to access SIF17. The Forum is organized by Climate Action and UN Environment Program and it is the largest business focused event alongside UNFCCC COP23.
SIF17 topics include accelerating the energy transition, decarbonising the transport sectors, smart climate agriculture, sustainable cities and the circular economy. The Forum has a track record of facilitating partnerships between businesses, governments, the UN and NGOs to accelerate climate change solutions and bring scale to low carbon innovation.
600+ carefully handpicked delegates, including: Ministers of Energy and Climate Change, Blue Chip CEOs, Mayors, Responsible Investors, Development Banks, Green Entrepreneurs and media, for two packed days of capacity building, networking, collaboration and deal making that will galvanize and fast track the green economy.
– Jeffrey Sachs, Special Advisor to the UN Secretary General and Director of UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), USA
– Vidar Helgesen, Minister, Ministry of Climate & Environment, Norway
– Thoriq Ibrahim, Minister, Ministry for Environment & Energy, Maldives
– Kimmo Tiilikainen, Minister, Ministry of Environment, Finland
– Lars Chr. Lilleholt, Minister, Ministry of Energy, Utilities and Climate, Denmark
– Ashok-Alexander Sridharan, Mayor of Bonn
– David Hochschild, Commissioner, California Energy Commission
Nik Gowing is back as the Chair of the Sustainable Innovation Forum 2017 (SIF17). Nik is a former World News Presenter and a key figure at the World Economic Forum (WEF). As Chair of SIF17 Nik will curate discussion and enhance debate around the hottest topics at COP23.
Top Sustainability Focused Innovations
Innovate of Die the Next Big Sustainability Trend
Sustainability Drives Innovation and Generates Returns
Innovations in Sustainability Can Meet the Climate Challenges We Face
Creative Innovation in Sustainability
Innovation and the Development of Sustainable Products or Processes
An Integrative Approach to Eco-Innovation
10 Steps to Sustainability-Driven Innovation
Sustainability is a Catalyst for Innovation