The 6th Annual MENA Clean Energy Business Council (CEBC) Summit will take place on March 5, 2018 at the Shangri La Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emerites (UAE). CEBC is the pre-eminent organization representing the private sector involved in the clean energy sector across the MENA region. If you visit one event this year focusing on renewables in the MENA region in 2018, this should be the one.
At this event you will gain knowledge from a diverse array of skilled and knowledgeable industry experts. Their wide range of experience, impressive career credentials and enthusiasm for the sector will provide an engaging opportunity for our guests to learn and develop their own knowledge and skills.
The goal of this event is to establish a dialogue between the public and private sectors to drive the development of appropriate and much needed regulation and policy to support the development of this vital sector.
This event brings together stakeholders from across the region and global stage providing an opportunity to network, discuss and collaborate on key industry ideas and innovations. This high profile, prominent industry Summit provides the platform for key players to promote dialogue to drive the necessary policy and regulatory frameworks to advance clean energy in MENA and to facilitate renewable energy projects in the region.
Who will attend?
EPCs and suppliers
Finance institutions and investors
Legal advisors, consultants
For solar PV, CSP, wind, energy storage, smart grids and energy efficiency projects
What can I expect?
A day packed full of opportunities to learn, engage and experience the best speakers that the MENA region has to offer. With representatives from the U.A.E., Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, you will hear from industry experts and leaders in their respective fields.
Can I attend?
Of course! If you, or your organisation, is a CEBC member, your will be allowed to register a certain number of attendees for free.If you are not a member but would still like to attend, you can purchase a pass for $250USD. More information can be found on the register page (see bottom of this page).
- Taher Diab, Senior Director of Strategy & Planning, Dubai Supreme Council of Energy
- Representative – Saudi Electricity Company
- Eng. Lamya Hady, Head of Sector Private Projects, Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company (EETC)
- Eng. Suhaila Marafi, Director, Research & Planning, Ministry of Electricity & Water Kuwait
- Paddy Padmanathan, President & CEO, ACWA Power International
- H.E. Dr. Nasser Saidi, Chair, CEBC Board
- Belén Gallego, Co-founder and CEO, ATA Insights
- Dr. Raed Bkayrat, Managing Director, CEBC
- Dr. Mari Luomi, Senior Research Fellow, Emirates Diplomatic Academy
- Seb Henbest, Director – Europe, Middle East & Africa, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
- Frank Beckers, Head of Project Finance & Advisory, First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Mhairi Main Garcia, Vice Chair, CEBC and Partner, Dentons
- Turki Alshehri, Head of REPDO at the Ministry of Energy, Industry, and Mineral Resources, Saudi Arabia
- Ali Al Jassim, CEO, Etihad ESCO
- Daniel Zywietz, Founder and CEO, Enerwhere
- Damian Regan, Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Iwan Walters, Partner, Eversheds-Sutherland
- Brendan Cronin, Managing Director, Pöyry Middle East
- Fares Almazrooei, Founder and CEO, Volt
- Martin Tillman, Director – Transport Planning, AECOM
- Sabri Asfour, General Manager, FASEnergy
- Abdulmohsin Mohammad Al Shoaibi, Managing Partner, DarSolar
- Ahmed S. Nada, Vice President and Region Executive Middle East, First Solar
- Samer Alawiye, CEO, GreenParking
- LeAnne Graves, Journalist & PR Advisor
- Gus Schellekens, Partner, Leader, ME Sustainability Team, EY
- Mahmoud Abdel-Baky, Partner, Dentons
- Dr. Brian Efird, Senior Research Fellow and Program Director for Policy and Decision Science at KAPSARC