The Business Sustainability Management online course from Cambridge University starts on August 1. Presented by University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership in collaboration with GetSmarter, this short course is compatible with the busy schedules of working professionals. It provides practical skills and knowledge to drive meaningful change.
- 8 weeks, entirely online (excl. orientation)
- Weekly modules, flexible learning
- 12-15 hours per week
Benefits of this course
- Future proof your career and business or become a future-fit business leader with the confidence to argue
the business case for sustainability.
- How to derive value from embedding innovative approaches to sustainability throughout an organization and in their supply chain.
- Develop a rich understanding of
the impact of current global economic, social, and environmental
- Learn real world skills that enable you to practically embed sustainability into an organization.
- An action plan for integrating sustainability across your organizations value chain to ensure long-term value creation.
- A certificate from a top-tier university.
to the CISL alumni network, consisting of nearly 8,000 senior leaders
and leading practitioners who represent business, the public sector and
civil society in every industry, on every continent.
- Explore cutting-edge research in sustainable practices and learn from real-world examples of business sustainability in action.
- Develop the skills to drive sustainable value creation within your organization, industry and sphere of influence.
- Gain insights and knowledge from sustainability experts and industry leaders through video lectures and interviews.
- 90% satisfaction rate and 92.5% certification rate
Learn from more than 20 experts and industry leaders
- Will Day
Sustainability Advisor to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) and
Chairman of Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP)
- James Stacey
- Phillipe Joubert
Executive Chair of Global Electricity Initiative, Senior Advisor & MD of Energy & Climate, WBCSD, and CISL Advisory Board member Leadership
- Mike Barry
Head of Sustainable Business at Marks and Spencer
- Tony Juniper
Leading Author and Environmentalist
- Ian Ellison
Sustainability Manager at Jaguar Land Rover
- Craig Bennett
CEO at Friends of the Earth (England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- Dame Polly Courtice
Director of the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)
What this course covers
- Module 1: Sustainability challenges and opportunities
- Module 2: The business case and leadership for action
- Module 3: Regulatory environment and international policy
- Module 4: Production and consumption
- Module 5: Design, technology, and planning for sustainability
- Module 6: Communication and marketing
- Module 7: Collaboration and partnerships
- Module 8: Rewiring your business approach
This course is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, and may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. The course has an estimated 100 hours of learning.
For more information contact: +44 (0)20 3457 5774 or click here to get a course prospectus.
Stay tuned for more green school information and
resources this year. From now until the end of October, the Green Market
Oracle will feature posts as part of the 2018 edition of the Green School Series which includes links to almost 400 articles covering everything you need to
know about sustainable academics, student eco-initiatives, green school
buildings, and college rankings as well as a wide range of related
information and resources.