The Solar World Congress (SWC) will take place on November 4-7, 2019 at the Centro Parque in Santiago, Chile. This new and modern conference center is situated in a public
park, with convenient access and many good hotels nearby. It has both an
outdoor area, ideal for an exhibition, and indoor conference
facilities. SWC will also include the 9th Edition of the International Conference on solar heating and cooling (SHC). There will be many parallel activities taking place alongside these conferences as well as a
post Congress Technical Tour to visit landmark solar facilities in
This a unique event for those working in the Government, Industrial, Educational and Academic sectors the opportunity to network, learn and share with others in their profession and those working in parallel fields in Chile, Latin America and the rest of the world. SWC 2019 / SHC 2019 will include a diverse selection of presentations,
forums, policy discussions and business exhibits open for all participants.
Humanity must make the transition to 100% renewable energy in this century. And the latest reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) show that this transition must take place much sooner than previously thought to prevent grave human health and environmental damage.
We know that solar energy is the most abundant energy source available for humanity. Chile is an ideal location because it has some of the world’s best access to solar energy. This will be a key source of economic development for Chile and the region. Chile currently has over 1850 MW of PV generation online, 200 MW of CSP in building or advanced planning stage, more than 3000 MW to be built in the short term and an official target of at least 70 percent electrical energy production from renewables by 2050. In 2012 the Solar Energy Research Center, SERC Chile, was founded. SERC links research groups from eight national universities and international research centers. SERC Chile is the official host partner for the SWC 2019. Chile has strong policies in the promotion of renewable energy in both large scale and small scale levels. Chile also has one of the best solar resources in the world.
- Solar Heating and Cooling Technologies
- Solar Heating and Cooling Applications
- Solar and Renewable Electricity
- Energy Storage for Heat and Electricity
- Solar Energy Markets and Policies
- Energy Systems and Sector Coupling
- Off-Grid & Rural Energy Access
- Solar Architecture and Building Integration
- Solar Resource Assessment and Energy Meteorology
- Education and Training – 13th International Symposium on Renewable Energy Education (ISREE 2019)
- Clean Water Technologies
- Special Themes: Renewable Energy Cities, Renewable Energy for Mobility, Community Power Programs, Sustainable Practices in the Mining Industry and History of Solar Energy
Details about the themes and the specific topics covered under each theme can be found here.
Call for Participation
The conference organizers including the International Solar Energy Society (ISES), the IEA Solar Heating and
Cooling Programme (IEA SHC) and the Solar Energy Research Center
(SERC-Chile are pleased to invite you to submit papers to the ISES Solar World Congress
2019 (SWC 2019)
This conference will give you a chance to present your work, participate in Workshops and Forums and meet researchers, developers and industry and government actors and send you home inspired and motivated to continue moving the world towards 100% renewable energy.
Click here to see how you can submit a paper and participate in the many planned conference sessions, workshops and forums.
- Deadline for abstract submission: 28 February 2019
- Notification of authors: 30 April 2019
- Registration opens: 30 April 2019
- Deadline for full papers: 31 July 2019
- Early bird registration deadline: 31 August 2019
- Author registration deadline: 31 August 2019