Solar Canada Conference and Exhibition will take place May 8-9, 2019 at the BMO Centre, in Calgary, Alberta. This event is Canada’s largest and most important solar energy conference and a must-attend event for solar energy professionals, stakeholders and advocates.
Calgary provides an
excellent backdrop to discuss Canada’s clean energy future. With recent solar projects going forward at an average contracting price
of less than five cents per kilowatt-hour, Alberta is leading the
country with the lowest rates on solar energy.
“Utility-scale solar is now cost competitive with natural gas, and this
is transformative for our industry,” says John Gorman, CanSIA President
& CEO. “Achieving Alberta’s 30 per cent by 2030 renewable
electricity target has just become a lot more cost-effective. This sends
a clear signal to energy consumers and governments across Canada that
solar is a clean and low-cost energy option.”
Attendees will gain insights into Canada’s changing energy markets and policies; discover revolutionary research and technologies; network with solar innovators; and, receive updates from jurisdictions across Canada.
High-profile speakers including the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, Federal Minister of Natural Resources and Rabia Ferroukhi, Acting Director of the Knowledge, Policy & Finance division at the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
An expo hall that brings together the entire solar industry supply chain and includes educational sessions, case studies, a dedicated section for startup companies, electric cars and more.
Top Reasons to Participate
– Network and build relationships with Canada’s most important solar energy professionals at networking events that connect industry stakeholders and encourage business development and partnerships.
– Discover the latest innovations, technology, trends, and visions the industry has to offer
– Promote your brand as a key player in the solar energy industry
- Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Natural Resources, Government of Canada
- Michael Lohner, Partner, Crestview Strategy
- Gurbuz Gonul, Director, Country Support and Partnerships, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Elizabeth Moore, Vice-President, Commercial, Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO)
- Chris Warwick, Mayor, Town of Hanna, Alberta
- Guy Bridgeman, SVP, Water Canada, EPCOR
- Katharine Hayhoe, Professor – Climate Change Center, Texas Tech University
- Jay Khosla, Assistant Deputy Minister, Natural Resources Canada
Canadian Solar Industries Association (CanSIA) is a national trade association that represents the solar energy industry throughout Canada. Since 1992, CanSIA has worked to develop a strong, efficient, ethical and professional Canadian solar energy industry with capacity to provide innovative solar energy solutions and to play a major role in the global transition to a clean-energy future. Learn more at http://www.cansia.ca.
About Hannover Fairs (Canada) Inc.
Hannover Fairs (Canada) is a subsidiary of Hannover, Germany’s Deutsche Messe – one of the world’s largest and most active organizers of industrial technology events. Hannover Fairs helps companies expand domestically and internationally through exhibit and sponsorship opportunities at Deutsche Messe’s worldwide portfolio of events, including Energy at HANNOVER MESSE and Canada’s premier wind energy event, CanWEA Annual Conference and Exhibition. Visit http://www.hfcanada.ca for more information.