This free on-demand series is the first virtual conference an tradeshow to present a case for a future-oriented ICT industry, to respond quickly to the challenge of sustainability. This series summarizes the cutting-edge information and best practices that you need to support you in your sustainability journey. The publication of the “Smart 2020” report by the Climate Group and the Global e-sustainability Initiative (GeSI), confirmed, to some extent, what we already knew. The ICT industry is the most likely key player in creating a low carbon society and could do a lot more to help push the world in this direction by 2020.
This series explores how corporations can reduce their environmental impact and become more socially responsible, while maintaining or even improving financial bottom lines. It discusses initiatives the ICT sector has undertaken to reduce its own environmental impact and it rxplains how the ICT sector can create an even bigger impact by introducing innovative services that other industries may benefit from.
There are many opportunities for the ICT industry, to replace goods and services with virtual equivalents and to provide technology to enable energy efficiency. This series explores how corporations can reduce their environmental impact and become more socially responsible, while maintaining or even improving financial bottom lines. More specifically, it discusses what initiatives the ICT sector has undertaken to reduce its own environmental impact, but also how it can create an even bigger impact by introducing innovative services that other industries may benefit from.
Smart ICT opportunities could lead to emission reductions five times the size of the sector’s own footprint by 2020 (up to 1,300 tons of CO2 savings). Telepresence to host these events, without compromising the sponsors and attendees experience.
Sustainability Virtual Summits
- Bring together global corporate visionaries, policy makers, environmental advocacy groups and leading experts
- Showcase financially profitable practices and strategies that address and mitigate corporate and government impact on long-term health of the earth
- Enhance corporate social awareness
- Benefit corporate growth, profitability, productivity and efficiency
- Dematerialization – the substitution of high carbon products and activities with low carbon alternatives
- Collaboration and unified communication, with an emphasis on telepresence
- Next generation data centers and communication
- Smart Grid
- The business impact of sustainability on commercial brands
ICT for Smart ICT
- Replace goods and services with virtual equivalents
- ICT controls and reduces its own emissions
- Reducing PC and Peripherals emissions
- Reducing Data Centers emission
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- The power of cooling
- Reducing the telecom infrastructure footprint
- Sustainability knowledge, measurement, reporting and Analytics
ICT for Collaboration and Unified Communications
Smart business leaders are improving their ability to connect with their partners, vendors, and customers using telepresence, and videoconferencing. They are leveraging telepresence as integral part of R&D, partner collaboration, and even the sales and customer engagement process to reduce pollution, cut costs, improve productivity and aggressively accelerate their position in new markets. Discover the ROI and benefits in connecting your company to the rest of your eco-system globally.
ICT for Smart Grid
Smart grids will be one of the major components of a new, low-carbon economy. They offer the opportunity to generate, transmit and distribute energy in a far more efficient way, by fully exploiting the power of information and communications. Smart grids could also enable a host of new service capabilities in finance, home appliances, transport and the optimization of micro-generation.
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability is on the agenda of every corporation worldwide today. CSR and Sustainability officers are actively seeking implementable solutions to make their companies more green and more socially responsible, while maintaining or even improving financial bottom lines.
The Sustainability Virtual Summits offer a forum for corporate leaders to learn about ICT solutions to help make their company greener — good for business, good for the planet.
- To watch motivating and actionable presentations
- To interact in real time with respected industry thought leaders and experts
- To network with your peers
- To learn about products and services that can help you reach your sustainability goals
- Learn how industry leaders are making sustainability a priority and how they are achieving their goals
- Network with other corporate leaders who are looking to run their companies responsibly and with an eye towards the future
- Find out about trends in clean technologies and collaborative design that will help maximize resources while minimizing environmental impact and financial costs
- Hear about actions that they can take NOW that can have a significant impact on their company’s ecological and financial bottom line
- Understand how current government environmental policy is affecting their business and get tips on how to prepare for more stringent regulations in the future
UNEP Executive Director
United Nations Under-Secretary General
Dr. Helmut Reisinger
Senior Vice President
Orange Business Services
Senior VP, Services Europe & Global Enterprise
Cisco Systems Inc.
VP Global Strategic Marketing
VP & CTO, Emerging Technologies Group
Cisco Systems, Inc.
United Nations Global Compact
VP Marketing, Brand & External Communications
Orange Business Services
Sr. Director of Market Development
Enterprise Market Group, Alcatel-Lucent
Chief Corporate Social Responsibility Officer
France Telecom – Orange Group
Chief Information Officer
Global Director, Environment & Energy Policy
Verizon Core Network &
For more information contact
Phone: +1(970) 879-8140
Fax: +1(781) 394-7982
Mail: G2 Events, Inc.
PO Box 773813
Steamboat Springs, CO