From Paris to 2030 is a free live virtual event that is taking place December 9, 2020. Five years after the landmark Paris climate agreement, most countries remain far behind on meeting their 2030 emission-reduction targets, and will now have to double or even triple their commitments in order to prevent dangerous levels of global warming this century.
While the economics of clean, renewable energy have become increasingly favorable, there has been a glaring lack of leadership, particularly at the global level. The December summit thus will focus squarely on the issue of climate leadership. In addition to exploring Europe’s role in the global equation, America’s prospects in the coming years, and China’s recent 2060 carbon-neutrality plan, the discussion will look ahead to the next ten years and beyond.
- Jerry Brown, Former Governor of California
- Gro Harlem Brundtland, Member of The Elders, former Prime Minister of Norway
- Jo Coburn, Presenter of BBC Politics Live
- Ambroise Fayolle, Vice President of the European Investment Bank
- Christiana Figueres, Former Executive Secretary of the UNFCCC
- Ban Ki-moon, Deputy Chair of The Elders, former Secretary-General of the UN
- Mary Robinson, Chair of The Elders, former President of Ireland
- Nancy Saich, Chief Climate Change Expert at the European Investment Bank
- Shamina Singh, Founder and President of the Center for Inclusive Growth
- Todd Stern, Former US Special Envoy on Climate Change
- Frans Timmermans, European Commission Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal
- Shang-Jin Wei, Former Chief Economist at the Asian Development Bank
Click here to see the agenda or to register