This virtual event will take place on May 27 and 28, 2021. The Global Solutions Summit brings together top researchers, policymakers, business leaders, and civil society representatives in a renowned global problem-solving process. The Summit builds bridges between past G20 Presidencies and Indonesia and India in the coming two years. It will focus heavily on a Great Realignment in the post-COVID world, in the spirit of recoupling economic progress with social prosperity and environmental sustainability. The Global Solutions Summit 2021, will tap into the ideas of our global community. Academics, representatives from politics, business, and civil society will discuss the great realignment and reimagine a new normal. Attend this event and be part of the Global Solution!
The Global Solutions Initiative is a globally collaborative enterprise comprised of a network of world-renowned think tanks. It proposes policy responses to major global problems, addressed by the G20, the G7, and other global governance fora. Their vision is to provide research-based policy advice to help governments tackle major global challenges of the G20 and beyond. To generate proposals for aligning business, civil societies, and governments for global problem-solving to address human needs in thriving societies, and to start a worldwide movement that aims to recouple economic, political, and environmental prosperity with social prosperity
Their mission is to provide an intellectual backbone for the T20 process and thereby for the G20, pursued in the spirit of global citizenship for the recoupling of economic, social, political and environmental prosperity.
Central Concept in 2021: The Great Realignment
The need for policymakers, business leaders and civil society to come together has perhaps never been greater. Global challenges that COVID-19 has accelerated and exacerbated are symptomatic of a deeper root cause: The economy is no longer working for society. We need to put people and our planet back at the centre of decision-making. For a better, more sustainable and more resilient new normal, we need to foster a Great Realignment in five areas:
- Social realignment requires a focus on social prosperity, including a new social contract ensuring social cohesion.
- Economic realignment demands a broader focus beyond economic prosperity and towards human well-being: a new conception of wealth.
- Ecological realignment to offer the next generation a world at least as good as the current one. This requires a bold transition accepted and supported by society.
- Governance realignment requires a polycentric governance approach with cooperation across governance levels to spark collective action.
- Technological realignment calls for values and regulation to ensure that technological innovations benefit all.
Selected Confirmed Speakers
- ANGEL GURRÍA, Secretary-General,, OECD
- ANTÓNIO GUTERRES, UN Secretary-General
- CHRISTINE LAMBRECHT, Federal Minister of Justice and Consumer Protection, Germany
- COLM KELLY, Global Leader, Purpose, Policy and Corporate Responsibility, PwC
- FRANS TIMMERMANS, Executive VP for the European Green Deal,, EU Commission
- GABRIELA RAMOS, Assistant Director-General, for Social and Human Sciences, UNESCO
- IRENE NATIVIDAD, President, GlobeWomen Research & Education Institute
- LARS-HENDRIK RÖLLER, Chief Economic Advisor to, Chancellor Angela Merkel, G7/G20 Sherpa
- LUIS GUILLERMO SOLIS, Interim Director, Kimberly Green Latin American Caribbean Center, FIU
- MICHAEL KREMER, Nobel Laureate, Professor of Economics, University of Chicago
- MURIEL PÉNICAUD, Permanent Representative of France to the OECD
- OLAF SCHOLZ, Federal Minister of Finance, Germany
- PAOLA TESTORI COGGI, T20 Task Force Chair, Task Force on Global Health and COVID-19
- PAOLO MAGRI, T20 Chair, Executive Vice President, ISPI
- SVENJA SCHULZE, Federal Minister of Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, Germany
Contributions and panels will be available as video-on-demand after the Summit. REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS have free access to the live web stream program, chat discussions, polling and networking formats connecting all participants. If you’d like to join the Global Solutions community click here to apply for registration.