The Green Market Oracle has been recognized as a leading green business website and now it is being honored as one of the top climate change blogs. On May 6, 2021, Feedspot released their list of the Top 45 Climate Change Blogs and Websites To follow in 2021. Their ranking of the top climate change blogs/websites was determined by their team of 25 expert panelists based on relevancy, blog post frequency (freshness), social metrics, domain authority, traffic, and many other parameters. According to Feedspot founder Anuj Agarwal, this is the most comprehensive list of climate change blogs/websites on the Internet.
Here are Feedspot’s list of top climate blogs/websites presented in the order of their ranking:
1. Nasa | Global Climate Change Blog provides the public with accurate and timely news and information about Earth’s changing climate, along with current data and visualizations, presented from the unique perspective of NASA, one of the world’s leading climate research agencies. Frequency 11 posts/month Since Jul 2009. Facebook fans 1.3M ⋅ Twitter followers 338.6K ⋅ Social Engagement 2.5K⋅ Domain Authority 94 ⋅ Alexa Rank 955.
2. Climate Reality Blog catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of society. We believe real change comes from the ground up. We know that a small-but-committed critical mass of activists can not only transform society but change the world. Frequency 5 posts/week Since Jan 2011 Facebook fans 928.4K ⋅ Twitter followers 551.9K ⋅ Social Engagement 17 ⋅ Domain Authority 66 ⋅ Alexa Rank 146.1K.
3. Yale Climate Connections is a nonpartisan, multimedia service providing daily broadcast radio programming and original web-based reporting, commentary, and analysis on the issue of climate change, one of the greatest challenges and stories confronting modern society. Frequency 3 posts / day. Twitter followers 18.1K ⋅ Social Engagement 1.4K ⋅ Domain Authority 64⋅ Alexa Rank 238.5K.
4. Climatelinks is a global knowledge portal for USAID staff, implementing partners, and the broader community working at the intersection of climate change and international development. The portal curates and archives technical guidance and knowledge related to USAID’s work to help countries mitigate and adapt to climate change. Frequency 10 posts/day Since Mar 2015. Twitter followers 2.1K ⋅ Social Engagement 3⋅ Domain Authority 47 ⋅ Alexa Rank 636.1K.
5. Climate Generation is a Will Steger Legacy project and a nationally connected and trusted nonprofit dedicated to climate literacy, climate change education, youth leadership, and community engagement for innovative climate change solutions. Frequency 10 posts / month. Twitter followers 4.2K ⋅ Social Engagement 3 ⋅ Domain Authority 49 ⋅ Alexa Rank 2.1M.
6. Greenpeace Australia Pacific Blog is an independent global campaigning organization that acts to change attitudes and behaviors to protect and conserve the environment and promote peace. Greenpeace works to: -Stop dangerous climate change and inspire an energy revolution. Frequency 1 post/day Since Aug 2007. Facebook fans 451.1K ⋅ Twitter followers 46.2K ⋅ Instagram Followers 88.9K ⋅ Social Engagement 116 ⋅ Domain Authority 62 ⋅ Alexa Rank 834.6K.
7. Climate Change Dispatch Blog is about science and environmental journal reviews, papers, renewables, ecology, politics, government, new technology, with a focus on global warming. Discussion of human-caused global warming, our ever-changing climate, plus other environmental and science news. Frequency 5 posts/day Since Dec 2007. Facebook fans 5.6K ⋅ Twitter followers 9K ⋅ Domain Authority 52 ⋅ Alexa Rank 808.5K.
8. Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) offers commentary on the most important climate finance, energy finance, and land use policies around the world. Their mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. Their vision is to build a sustainable, resilient, and inclusive global economy. Frequency 1 post/month Since May 2011 Blog. Facebook fans 3K ⋅ Twitter followers 10K ⋅ Social Engagement 2 ⋅ Domain Authority 56 ⋅ Alexa Rank 2.1M.
9. Climate Interactive is an independent, not-for-profit think-tank that grew out of MIT Sloan in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Based on a long tradition of system dynamics modeling, our simulations and insights help people see connections, play out scenarios, and see what works to address climate change, inequity, and related issues like energy, health, and food. Climate Interactive was named the top US Energy and Environment think tank, by Prospect Magazine. Frequency 2 posts/quarter Since Aug 2008. Facebook fans 3.4K ⋅ Twitter followers 8.1K ⋅ Social Engagement 2 ⋅ Domain Authority 58 ⋅ Alexa Rank 455.7K.
10. Shell Climate Change is written by David Hone, a Chief Climate Change Advisor for Shell. He has worked in the energy sector and has had a long-term interest in environmental issues. Frequency 1 post/week Since Jan 2009. Facebook fans 8.2M ⋅ Twitter followers 3.8K ⋅ Social Engagement 6 ⋅ Domain Authority 83 ⋅ Alexa Rank 14.7K.
11. The GREEN MARKET ORACLE is one of the first sustainability-focused blogs on the web. At its inception, it was about the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment, but it has evolved into one of the most comprehensive sources of news, information, and prescient commentary on a wide range of issues related to climate change and sustainable development. Frequency 4 posts/week Since Mar 2008. Facebook fans 757 ⋅ Twitter followers 1.9K ⋅ Domain Authority 35 ⋅ Alexa Rank 986.3K.
12. Campaign against Climate Change (CCC) pushes for the urgent and radical action to prevent the catastrophic destabilization of the global climate. Frequency 1 post/quarter Since Jul 2011. Twitter followers 11.8K ⋅ Social Engagement 17 ⋅ Domain Authority 51 ⋅ Alexa Rank 5.1M.
13. Climate Citizen addresses the effects of human-induced climate change, sea-level rise, ocean acidification, biodiversity loss, environmental and social impacts of global warming, and climate protests. He is a member of environmental NGOs and community groups for 30 years. Frequency 1 post/week Since Nov 2003. Twitter followers 6.1K ⋅ Social Engagement 21 ⋅ Domain Authority 34 ⋅ Alexa Rank 6.8M.
14. The Arctic-News Blog describes the situation in the Arctic, focusing especially on the threat of large abrupt methane eruptions from the Arctic Ocean seafloor. Contributors to the blog share a deep concern about the way climate change is unfolding in the Arctic and the threat that this poses for the world at large. Frequency 4 posts/quarter Since Dec 2011. Facebook fans 2.7K ⋅ Twitter followers 2K ⋅ Social Engagement 161 ⋅ Domain Authority 47 ⋅ Alexa Rank 2.8M.
15. Trees, Fish, and Dreams Climateblog is about climate change, rivers, salmon and steelhead fishing, Pacific Northwest people, and ecopoetry. Frequency 1 post/week Since Aug 2013. Social Engagement 2 ⋅ Domain Authority 19 ⋅ Alexa Rank 7M.
16. ClimateChange.ie is Ireland’s one-stop source of information and opinion on environmental, climate change, and related issues. They aim to bring together the most up-to-date credible sources, both national and international. Frequency 10 posts/day Since Apr 2013. Twitter followers 20K ⋅ Domain Authority 32.
17. The Climate & Conflict Blog provides updates on events, publications, and activities of PRIO-based research projects on the relationship between environmental change and violent conflict. Frequency 1 post/month Since Nov 2017. Twitter followers 11.4K ⋅ Social Engagement 13 ⋅ Domain Authority 62 ⋅ Alexa Rank 735.3K.
18. NewClimate Institute Blog supports research and implementation of action against climate change around the globe. They generate and share knowledge on international climate negotiations, tracking climate action, climate and development, climate finance, and carbon market mechanisms. Frequency 2 posts/week Since Nov 2014. Twitter followers 7.3K ⋅ Social Engagement 1 ⋅ Domain Authority 53 ⋅ Alexa Rank 1.6M.
19. HotWhopper addresses global warming & climate change. Eavesdropping on climate science deniers, their weird pseudo-science, and crazy conspiracy theories. Frequency 6 posts/year Since Dec 2013. Social Engagement 19 ⋅ Domain Authority 45 ⋅ Alexa Rank 7M.
20. Climate Action Now proclaims “We have no time to waste. We must act now to reduce the heating of our planet.” To limit climate change to 1.5 degrees Centigrade we must act now, today not tomorrow. Climate catastrophe is imminent. Frequency 1 post/week Since Jun 2016. Social Engagement 45 ⋅ Domain Authority 6 ⋅ Alexa Rank 7.1M.
21. Eric Grimsrud Blog continues and expands the discussion of various aspects of climate change. A complete list of the titles of each of these posts is provided below and partial lists are provided in the right margins of all pages. Frequency 1 post/week Since Jun 2012. Twitter followers 6 ⋅ Social Engagement 1 ⋅ Domain Authority 7.
22. The New York Times, Climate and Environment provide breaking news, multimedia, reviews & opinion on Global Warming & Climate Change. Frequency 1 post/day Since Apr 2021. Facebook fans 17.4M ⋅ Twitter followers 50M ⋅ Social Engagement 549K ⋅ Domain Authority 95 ⋅ Alexa Rank 100.
23. Columbia Law School is renowned for the intellectual rigor of its curriculum and the groundbreaking scholarship of its faculty. Drawing strength from the vast interdisciplinary resources of our distinguished research university and the global stage of New York City. This blog provides legal and policy analysis on a variety of climate-related issues. Frequency 6 posts/month Since Dec 2009. Facebook fans 17.1K ⋅ Twitter followers 6.5K ⋅ Social Engagement 4 ⋅ Domain Authority 93 ⋅ Alexa Rank 2.2K.
24. Actuaries Digital Climate Change is written by Alex Pui and Sileem Horie who shed light on the climatology of the polar vortex and the unique circumstances and vulnerability of locations most impacted, before offering suggestions on how societies can better economically prepare for similar storms in the future. Frequency 2 posts / month Since Feb 2019. Twitter followers 3.3K ⋅ Social Engagement 1 ⋅ Domain Authority 32 ⋅ Alexa Rank 1.5M.
25. Inside Track is a Green Alliance’s blog on environmental policy and politics. Posts about Climate change written by Joe Dodd. Frequency 2 posts/month Since Sep 2010 Blog greenallianceblog.org.uk/cat..+ Follow Twitter followers 36.2K ⋅ Social Engagement 12 ⋅ Domain Authority 44 ⋅ Alexa Rank 6.6M.
26. The Guardian Climate Change News provides the latest news and features focusing on climate change happening right now, and what we can all do to help protect the planet from The Guardian, the world’s leading liberal voice. Frequency 4 posts/day Since Jan 1990. Facebook fans 8.4M ⋅ Twitter followers 9.7M ⋅ Social Engagement 108.7K ⋅ Domain Authority 95 ⋅ Alexa Rank 183.
27. IMF Climate Blog is run by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) staff and officials. It deals with the pressing economic and policy issues of the day. Frequency 4 posts/quarter Since Apr 2015. Twitter followers 1.9M ⋅ Social Engagement 1.4K ⋅ Domain Authority 88 ⋅ Alexa Rank 8.8K
28. Royal Irish Academy Climate Change Blog identifies and recognizes Ireland’s world-class researchers. They support scholarship and promote awareness of how science and the humanities enrich our lives and benefit society. We believe that good research needs to be promoted, sustained, and communicated. The Academy is run by a Council of its members. Membership is by election and considered the highest academic honor in Ireland. Frequency 1 post/week Since Aug 2009, Twitter followers 22.5K ⋅ Social Engagement 4 ⋅ Domain Authority 52 ⋅ Alexa Rank 1.9M.
29. BSR | Climate Change Blog is an organization of sustainable business experts that works with its global network of the world’s leading companies to build a just and sustainable world. We envision a world in which everyone can lead a prosperous and dignified life within the boundaries of the Earth’s natural resources. Frequency 10 posts/day Since Aug 2009. Twitter followers 31.8K ⋅ Social Engagement 7 ⋅ Domain Authority 64 ⋅ Alexa Rank 165.4K.
30. IIED Climate Change strives to build a fairer, more sustainable world, using evidence, action, and influence, working in partnership with others. The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is an independent research organization that aims to deliver positive change on a global scale. Frequency 10 posts/day Since Dec 2008. Twitter followers 60.3K ⋅ Social Engagement 3 ⋅ Domain Authority 65 ⋅ Alexa Rank 163.3K.
31. World Bank Blogs | Development and a Changing Climate has 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries. Frequency 6 posts/day Since May 2020. Twitter followers 3.5M ⋅ Social Engagement 333 ⋅ Domain Authority 92 ⋅ Alexa Rank 2.1K.
32. Climate Reality India was established by Al Gore and TERI in 2008. Their work focuses on climate education and empowering communities to take climate actions and prioritize the implementation of local climate solutions. Frequency 10 posts/day Since Mar 2018. Twitter followers 1.1K ⋅ Social Engagement 203 ⋅ Domain Authority 23.
33. Environmental Migration Portal is a knowledge platform established by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) about people on the move in a changing climate. It is part of the ‘Migration, Environment and Climate Change Evidence for Policy’ (MECLEP) project funded by the European Union. The Portal provides up-to-date information on key policy processes and developments, capacity-building efforts, research and publications, and operational projects addressing the migration, environment, and climate change (MECC) nexus. Frequency 10 posts/day Since Jan 2015. Twitter followers 7K ⋅ Social Engagement 30 ⋅ Domain Authority 75 ⋅ Alexa Rank 20.7K.
34. Indigenous Climate Hub provides helpful resources and information on climate change and provides a space to share resources, information, and impactful climate change stories from Indigenous perspectives. It is an Indigenous-led project and national online platform for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples, communities, and organizations. Frequency 3 posts/week Since Apr 2019. Twitter followers 175 ⋅ Social Engagement 1 ⋅ Domain Authority 16 ⋅ Alexa Rank 4.8M.
35. GoClimate is a social company created in 2017 with the sole purpose of making it easier to start living a climate-neutral life, to slow down the biggest threat to humanity and the planet as a whole climate change. Frequency 4 posts/quarter Since Apr 2017. Twitter followers 724 ⋅ Social Engagement 7 ⋅ Domain Authority 37 ⋅ Alexa Rank 1.4M.
36. Inside Climate News is a Pulitzer Prize-winning, nonprofit, nonpartisan news organization that provides essential reporting and analysis on climate change, energy, and the environment, for the public and for decision-makers. Frequency 4 posts/day since 2007. Twitter followers 135K ⋅ Social Engagement 976 ⋅ Domain Authority 77 ⋅ Alexa Rank 154.6K.
37. Coyote Blog is about Global warming, climatic change, temperature change, etc. Frequency 1 post/day Since Sep 2004. Facebook fans 921 ⋅ Twitter followers 8.2K ⋅ Social Engagement 21 ⋅ Domain Authority 55 ⋅ Alexa Rank 2M.
38. Climateanalytics.org/blog was formed in 2008 to bring cutting-edge science and policy analysis to bear on one of the most pressing global problems of our time: human-induced climate change. As the urgency of this problem has grown, so have we. Frequency 10 posts/day Since Jan 2019. Facebook fans 4.6K ⋅ Twitter followers 11.7K ⋅ Social Engagement 18 ⋅ Domain Authority 58 ⋅ Alexa Rank 1.4M.
39. The UNFCCC Blog is published by the UNFCCC secretariat, the United Nations entity tasked with supporting the global response to the threat of climate change. UNFCCC stands for United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. The Convention has near-universal membership (197 Parties) and is the parent treaty of the 2015 Paris Agreement. Frequency 10 posts / day. Facebook fans 473.4K ⋅ Twitter followers 796.7K ⋅ Social Engagement 1 ⋅ Domain Authority 84 ⋅ Alexa Rank 36.8K.
40. WWF Blog is about the protecting ecosystems in the face of a deepening crisis of nature loss around the globe. As they explain on their blog, “the science is absolutely clear, and frightening” and they add, “if we don’t transform the way we use energy rapidly and comprehensively then we face catastrophic climate change”. They warn that unchecked global warming will cost countless lives, derail development and devastate the ecosystems upon which we all depend. Frequency 3 posts/quarter Since Mar 2019. Facebook fans 3.5M ⋅ Twitter followers 4M ⋅ Domain Authority 88 ⋅ Alexa Rank 61.7K.
41. Climate Stories Project (CSP) is an educational and artistic forum for sharing stories about personal and community responses to climate change. CSP focuses on personal oral histories, which bring an immediacy to the sometimes abstract nature of climate change communication. A blog by Jason Davis about Climate change and the crisis we face due to it. Frequency 5 posts/year Since Jan 2017 Facebook fans 603 ⋅ Social Engagement 3 ⋅ Domain Authority 27.