This webinar will take place on June 30, 2021 (1:00 PM–2:00 PM EDT). It will explore the question, how do you decarbonize one of the biggest cities in the world? This live webinar will include experts from the NYC Mayor’s Office of Sustainability, Con Edison, and National Grid for an important conversation on technology options to drive towards carbon neutrality. Drawing from a groundbreaking study that included modeling and predictive scenario analysis, NYC and its utility partners now have a deeper understanding of their options on how to make the city carbon neutral by 2050. Learn how different levels of key decarbonization measures—including electrification, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and low carbon fuels—will impact carbon reduction, infrastructure investment needs, and overall energy consumption.
- How we modeled three distinct pathways that reach 80% or greater emissions reductions.
- How different technologies can reduce emissions across energy supply and use sectors, including buildings and transportation.
- What you can do now to accelerate the clean energy agenda and meet the carbon-neutral needs of the future.
- Deb Harris, Senior Director, Climate Planning + ICF Climate Center Senior Fellow
- Donald Chahbazpour, Director, Regulatory Strategy – Future of Heat, National Grid
- Shuchita Prakash, Department Manager, Corporate Strategy Planning, Con Edison
- Ke Wei, Assistant Deputy Director, Energy, NYC Mayor’s Office of Sustainability & Resiliency
Click here to register.